chevron background

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Well, should I?

I'm applying/pleading/begging for Waylon to get into an ABA therapy program. There are three (yes, you heard me, three) in Kansas that are in-network with our new insurance. One I'm pretty sure is not a possibility. One has a rather long waiting list (that we are on) and the last one has eight slots, of which one comes open every two to three years.
So when they said, "Tell us a little bit about Waylon" I felt like his personal spokesperson.
I mean really, who could turn this kid down?
"First of all, Waylon is adorable. I know you probably hear this a lot, but I am dead serious. He is all boy- he loves dirt, rocks, water, Lightning McQueen, and being ornery. He is seven years old, and I suppose he is technically "emerging non-verbal"- his speech is improving leaps and bounds, but he still only speaks one or two words at a time when prompted, or echolalia. Waylon mostly communicates by staring into your eyes and smiling great big. He is very independent- he would rather make his own snack than have to use words to ask for help. He is usually sensory seeking, and loves to be active- jumping, running, high-fives, and especially hugs and kisses- he is very affectionate. He is never mean, and never hits or bites, but he can get very excited and flappy."
But here's what I need to know: Should I include the picture of him naked in my dryer?


 

No comments:

Post a Comment