chevron background

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

POW

Sorry I've been totally MIA lately.
If I am MIA, I guess you could say I'm also a POW.
I am a prisoner of this stupid war to get my kid some help.

We were thrilled, I mean we are thrilled, that we finally have insurance that will cover his therapy. Trust me, I am immensely thankful. But I got a little caught up in the celebration and now I am rather annoyed that I forgot that having insurance doesn't solve all my problems.

Can I step into a horrible, selfish bubble here for a second? How come a kid who is sick with any other illness can go to the doctor, pay a co-pay, get a treatment plan, a prescription, and a sticker?

Ok, I'll get back out of that horrible, selfish bubble. That is wrong.
I am so glad that he is healthy. I don't wish upon any child that they should have any illness. I just wish I could take him to the doctor and they would tell me what to do.

Is that so much to ask???
Getting your kid some help should not be so complicated.

This is 'merica, people. Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment