chevron background

Friday, April 18, 2014

Gooooood Friday

Things that are happening in the Katzer house this Good Friday morning:

Walking to the bathroom to help Waylon, I reached down to pick up what I thought was a candy wrapper on the floor. The hallway was kind of dark. Hint: it was not a candy wrapper. I picked it up. I moaned for a while. Rose said, "Well that wasn't a very smart thing to do." I'd have to agree with her. While floor scrubbing, I hear her chasing Waylon through the house and yelling, "Waylon if you poop on our floor again you won't get kisses from me for a whole week!" I called Travis to yell at him, because that seemed like the only rational thing to do while washing poop off my fingers. He didn't answer (which ticked me off even more) so when the phone rang immediately back and I assumed it was him, I answered with a pretty grumpy "HELLO." The recorded voice on the line said, "Congratulations! You have won a Bahamas islands cruise!" And I thought "Sweet heavens as least something has gone right today." 

When I finished cleaning up the bathroom and the floor and Waylon, I came out to sit down and Rose had drawn me this picture of two people farting on each other. Lovely.



So today I'm counting my blessings. No matter how big or small they seem, my troubles are really trivial, thanks to the one who gave his life for me today. I saw a sign the other day that said, "Life is good. Eternal life is greater."
So true.

Hope you don't get poop on your fingers today.
And don't forget to count your blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment